Listed below are a few quick substitution tips for spaghetti:
- Use ground turkey burger in place of ground hamburger. Jennie - O ground turkey is a great example!
- Replace your pasta sauce with a lower calorie traditional sauce and add fresh vegetables. Prego traditional sauce is a great option!
- Spray your pan with non-stick cooking spray. Go for olive oil, it's filled with healthy fats your body needs!
- Never buy regular pasta! Whole grain pasta is filled with fiber and some even have added Omega 3! There are many options out there, but you have to be careful. I know without a doubt that Healthy Harvest brand is a good option and they have a wide variety.
- Look for a wedge of Parmesan cheese and grate the amount you need for topping. You tend to use more when it's readily available in the “shaky cheese” containers!